20 Ways to Embrace Feminine Leadership Traits
By Megan Dalla-Camina, Women Rising Founder & CEO
Embracing feminine leadership traits can lead to a more inclusive, collaborative, and innovative work environment. Here are 20 ways to incorporate these traits into your leadership style and create a workplace culture that values diversity, empathy, and creativity:
1. Practice active listening: pay attention to what others are saying and respond with empathy and understanding.
2. Build strong relationships with colleagues: focus on creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
3. Embrace vulnerability: be willing to share your own experiences and challenges to create a more open and authentic workplace culture.
4. Prioritise emotional intelligence: be aware of your own emotions and those of others, and use that knowledge to build positive relationships.
5. Encourage collaboration and teamwork: foster a culture of collaboration where everyone feels encouraged to contribute their ideas and opinions.
6. Value diversity and inclusivity: create a safe and welcoming environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences.
7. Emphasise creativity and innovation: encourage experimentation and taking risks to foster a culture of innovation.
8. Be adaptable and flexible: be willing to adapt to changing circumstances and work collaboratively to find solutions.
9. Encourage personal and professional development: support your team in their personal and professional growth and provide opportunities for learning and development.
10. Lead with empathy and compassion: be mindful of others' needs and perspectives and respond with empathy and compassion.
11. Be transparent and open: communicate openly and transparently with your team to build trust and credibility.
12. Practice inclusivity in decision-making: involve team members in decision-making to ensure that everyone's perspectives are heard and valued.
13. Encourage a healthy work-life balance: prioritise the wellbeing and mental health of your team by encouraging a healthy work-life balance.
14. Foster a positive workplace culture: create a workplace culture that is supportive, positive, and values everyone's contributions.
15. Value and prioritise mental health: recognise the importance of mental health and make it a priority in your leadership approach.
16. Lead by example: model the behaviours and values that you want to see in your team.
17. Encourage feedback and criticism: be open to feedback and constructive criticism from your team and use it as an opportunity for growth.
18. Prioritise ethical and responsible leadership: act with integrity and responsibility in your leadership approach.
19. Emphasise the importance of personal values: encourage your team to prioritise their personal values in their work and decision-making.
20. Celebrate successes and milestones: recognise and celebrate the successes and milestones of your team to foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
By embracing these feminine leadership traits, you can create a more supportive, inclusive, and innovative workplace culture.
If you’re interested in learning how you and the women in your organisation can become more confident and authentic leaders and tap into their feminine traits, this is something we teach in more detail in Module 4 of the Women Rising program. There’s a reason Women Rising is the fastest growing women’s leadership development program of its kind globally, which is quite simply, because it works. Learn more about the program today.